Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tropical Fruit Seeds in Self Watering Containers

I got some tropical fruit seeds and will plant them and see how they do. The varieties that I have are Annona muricata (Sousop), Annona squamosa (Sweetsop or Sugar Apple), Averrhoa carambola (Star Fruit), Chrysophyllum cainito (Purpla Star Apple) and Annona cherimola (Cherimoya).

Since these are tropical fruit seeds they can take several months to germinate. I'll most likely forget to water them so I'm going to plant them in some homemade self-watering containers (SWC). I'm going to use the SWC's described below. Here is how the SWC looks.



Here are some of the seeds.



And here is one after being planted.



Annona muricata (Sousop)


Annona squamosa (Sweetsop or Sugar Apple)


Averrhoa carambola (Star Fruit)


Chrysophyllum cainito (Purpla Star Apple)


Annona cherimola (Cherimoya)

No comments:

Post a Comment