Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Citrus Fruit Cocktail Tree

I have a 5-in-1 fruit cocktail tree consisting of Navel orange, Valencia orange, Minneola Tangelo, Bears Seedless Lime and Honey (W. Muricott) Mandarin. This picture was taken November of 2008.




I grafted many more varieties onto it. I'm surprised that the grafts are shooting off a lot of new growth now considering winter just started. Looking forward to the spring when it will fill out and I can graft more onto it.

Here is how it looks today. It looks pretty pitiful because most of the leaves have fallen off. You can see some of the Minneola Tangelos that are almost ripe. The smaller, greener fruit are the mandarins. You can't see them in this picture but there are about eight additional grafts bringing it to a total of 13 varieties. I think they are Eureka Lemon, Moro Blood Orange, Cara Cara Navel Orange, Variegated Calomondin, Rangpur Lime, Oro Blanco Grapefruit, Rio Red Grapefruit and Algerian Clementine. I'll try and post an individual picture of each graft sometime.



Another view.

No comments:

Post a Comment